New to Beauty Insurance?
Are you new to the beauty industry and in need of insurance? Our comprehensive guide is here to help. Learn about the different types of insurance available and get expert tips on choosing the best provider. With our guide, you'll maximize your protection and minimize your risk, giving you the confidence and knowledge you need to make the right decision. Don't wait until it's too late - get your copy of our guide today and take the first step towards protecting your business.
What Is Liability Insurance?
Liability insurance is a type of insurance that provides financial protection to businesses and individuals in case they are found legally responsible for someone else's injury or damage to property. In the context of beauty professionals, liability insurance is designed to protect you in case a client suffers an injury or property damage while receiving a service from you.
Why do you need Liability Insurance?
As a beauty professional, you work with tools, chemicals, and other equipment that can potentially cause harm to your clients. Even the most experienced professionals can make mistakes or accidents can happen. Liability insurance protects you in case a client files a lawsuit against you for any injury or damage they suffered while receiving a service from you. Without liability insurance, you would have to pay for any legal fees or damages out of your own pocket, which could potentially put you out of business.
What is the difference between business owner insurance and liability insurance?
Business owner insurance (also known as BOP) typically includes both property and liability coverage. It provides protection for the business's property, equipment, and inventory, as well as liability coverage for bodily injury, property damage, and advertising injury. Liability insurance, on the other hand, only covers the legal and financial consequences of the business's actions.
How do I know if the insurance I choose is the right one?
When choosing liability insurance, it's important to consider factors such as the type and amount of coverage you need, the reputation and financial stability of the insurance provider, and the cost of the policy. It's also important to read the policy carefully and ask any questions you may have before making a decision.
Beauty Insurance Plus has A+ rated coverage, backed by Arthur J Gallagher & Arch, and trusted by over 150,000 professionals nationwide. We are confident we can protect your career.
What to look for when purchasing insurance?
When purchasing insurance, it's important to consider the coverage type and amount, the reputation and financial stability of the insurance provider, the policy exclusions and limitations, the deductibles and premiums, and any additional benefits or services offered by the provider.
Common misconceptions of liability insurance
- I don’t need a liability waiver
- There is a copay with liability insurance
- People in my industry don't get sued
- If my employer has professional liability coverage, I don't need it
- If I use good risk management practices, I don't need coverage
- Professional Liability: insurance that provides protection against claims of negligence, errors, or omissions in professional services. For example, a doctor who is sued for medical malpractice.
- General Liability: insurance that provides protection against claims of bodily injury, property damage, and advertising injury. For example, a customer who slips and falls in a store and sues for medical expenses.
- Product Liability: insurance that provides protection against claims of injury or damage caused by a product. For example, a consumer who is injured by a defective product.
- Stolen Equipment Coverage: insurance that provides protection against loss or damage to property that has been stolen. For example, a business owner whose inventory is stolen.
- Rental coverage: insurance that provides protection for a rented property, such as a rented office or equipment.
- Occurrence Form: insurance coverage that applies to incidents that occur during the policy period, regardless of when the claim is filed.
- Aggregate: the maximum amount of coverage provided by an insurance policy during the policy period.
How to file a claim
Filing a claim with Elite Beauty Society is easy, all you need to login in to your member portal and file a claim. We will get back to you as soon as we can.
What is a certificate of insurance?
A certificate of insurance is a document that provides proof of insurance coverage. It typically includes information such as the name of the insurance company, the policy number, the types and limits of coverage, and the effective dates of the policy.
Do you need my license number to get insurance?
Your license number is not required to obtain insurance, but it may be necessary to provide proof of your professional credentials or qualifications when filing a claim.