There comes the point in every esthetician’s career where they start to wonder–could I do this thing on my own?
The great thing about the beauty industry is that there’s a never-ending list of things you can do and paths you can take in order to find success.
You can niche down into a few key services, you can keep your service list broad, you can work for a fellow cosmetologist for the entirety of your career, or you could kickstart your very own brand, too. The possibilities–and the ceilings for success–are truly limitless.
So, it’s only natural that at some point, a good percentage of estheticians are going to want to go independent, strike out on their own, or do their own thing.
What do we say about that? Go for it! There’s a world of opportunities out there, and there’s no shortage of folks who need expert estheticians like you. You have our support–but you don’t just have that. You’ve got our guidance, too.
This Beauty Insurance Plus blog is going to cover a few of the must-know basics of going independent. We’ll talk about the benefits of striking out on your own, how you can start to boost those books of yours, build your client list, and, of course, the absolute necessity of estheticians’ insurance.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s dive in!
The Big Benefits of Going Independent
If you’re thinking about going solo as an independent esthetician, you’ve probably already got a solid idea of the benefits of the whole shebang. Still, let’s jump into a few of those major pros to give you a better look at the benefits of going independent and opening your own esthetician salon spa.
- You’re your own boss.
- The schedule is up to you.
- You can hire the employees you want on staff.
- Policy creation is all on you.
- You create and target your ideal audience.
- You’ve got the final say over the service list.
- No one can tell you how to deal with clients (again, you’re the boss).
There’s a greater opportunity to handle other sides of the business that might interest you (like management, human resources, etc.).Let’s be honest; the list could go on and on. There are a lot of benefits and advantages to striking out on your own.
Building Clientele: How to Build Your Books When You Go Independent
Building your books can feel intimidating when you’re just starting out on your own, but it doesn’t have to be all that scary. This is a topic we could talk about this all day, but for the sake of brevity, we’ll just dive into a few tips here.
When it comes time to open your doors, we highly recommend tips like:
- Professionally transitioning your current clients from your old salon to your new salon. We don’t mean you should steal clients from your previous employer, but we do think it’s a great idea to let your regulars know about your plans and potentially offer them some reasonable incentives to give you a try at your own salon or spa.
- Consider leaning into social media marketing techniques to open up your audience base. You know who you’re in the business to attract; leverage your social media accounts to connect with people who would benefit from your services. You’d be surprised how many small changes (like a quick “link in bio”) can make such a large impact.
- Of course, you’ll need a website! This is an absolute must for your new business and we highly recommend setting this up before your salon spa even opens. Invest time, effort, and maybe even some money into understanding SEO and web design so that you maximize your searchability.
- Investing in great booking software is a great way to attract clients and keep them. A booking software worth its salt won’t just help you schedule appointments; it will work as a CRM to leverage marketing tools and reach out to your
Protect Your Career with Esthetician Insurance: How to Become a Beauty Insurance Plus Member
Of course, we know at this point in the blog you’re probably like, “sure, the insurance company is going to try to sell us on insurance.”
And we totally get why you think that. Because, yes, we are an esthetics insurance company–but we’re also not here to tell you to necessarily work with us.
Don’t get us wrong; we absolutely want you to (and we’re one of the best esthetician insurance partners in the game). But we’re so dang confident in our take that you need esthetician insurance; we just want you to have it in general.
And this becomes exponentially more important when we talk about being independent estheticians. As an esthetician running things, you’re the one in charge of handling the unexpected, unlikely, and unanticipated. That means having reliable and premium coverage is going to be a big deal for you, your career, and your future.
So, to get that message across loud and clear, we want to chat a little bit about what you need to know about esthetician insurance.
What You Should Know About Esthetician Insurance
We can’t speak for the other companies out there, so for the sake of clarity, we’re going to talk about esthetician insurance from our perspective.
When you team up with the Beauty Insurance Plus team, you’re not just covered for esthetician professional liability insurance; you’ll also have general liability insurance, product liability insurance, and more.
And we know what you’re probably wondering–how much does esthetician insurance cost? When you work with BIP, you could get premium coverage for just $159 per year. And that includes impressive coverage like:
- Professional & General Liability: $2 million per occurrence, $3 million per year.
- Product Liability: $2 million per occurrence, $2 million per year
- Rental Damage Insurance: $100,000
- Stolen Equipment Coverage: $1,000
In short? We’ve got your back.
And the cool thing is that you’re covered with BIP no matter where you practice within the United States!
Our esthetician insurance isn’t about having just another cost to cover; it’s about protecting your career no matter what happens–because when you’re on your own, you’re the one responsible for handling those unexpected and unanticipated happenings.
BIP Member Benefits You Can’t Overlook
We’re going to save you a super long spiel here, but we do want you to know that being a Beauty Insurance Plus member isn’t just about the coverage–it’s about the benefits. Here are just a few of the main benefits you should know about.
- A free, customizable, and professional website
- A free 2-week trial + $1/Mo subscription to Booksy, a premium booking software
- Access to discounted health insurance and rates on dental and vision insurance
Ready to take your independent leap into your own esthetician salon spa? You can do this thing! And remember, when it comes to advice, insight, and tips, the Beauty Insurance Plus blog has you covered with regular blogs like these. For career protection, make sure you check out BIP insurance options! Your future is in your hands, and we’re here to help you keep that future safe.
Getting the Best Deal on Esthetician Insurance
Everyone likes getting a great deal and it's even better when you're getting a deal on insurance. We’re so confident that we provide comprehensive coverage that is guaranteed to protect your career at an affordable rate. We have a side-by-side comparison of our plan alongside other leading competitors. See how our plan stacks up and pay close attention to how much esthetician insurance costs as some plans include additional membership fees or other costs.
For just $159 per year, you can get an all-inclusive esthetician insurance policy from Beauty Insurance Plus—that’s less than $0.50 a day for complete peace of mind.